Create an email account
If you don't have an email account, you can create a Google or Gmail account by clicking here.
Digital Learn: If you are new to computers, haven't used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, we have the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
Para obtener instrucciones en español, haga clic aquí.
- Getting Started: How to use the mouse & keyboard.
- Using a PC (Personal Computer): Working from the desktop, files & folders, working with Windows, saving & closing files, deleting files.
- Navigating a Website
- Intro to Email: Signing up for email, logging in, opening & replying, sending messages.
- Intro to Email 2: Beyond the Basics: Working with attachments, reply all and forwarding, CC & BCC, saving draft emails, spam & junk emails, organizing & deleting, searching for messages.
- Basic Search: Learn about search engines and get started searching the internet.
- Microsoft Word: Saving; formatting; cut, copy & paste; add a picture.
- Creating Resumes
- Online Job Searching
- Intro to Skype: Learn the basics of video call with Skype.
- Intro to Facebook: Basics of Facebook, including signing up, finding friends, & privacy.
- Buying a Plane Ticket
Northstar Digital Literacy Project: How good are your computer skills? Take these online, self-guided tests to assess your skills in ten main areas: Basic Computer Use, Internet, Windows Operating System, Mac OS, Email, Microsoft Word, Social Media, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Information Literacy. Please note that a browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer is recommended to use these modules fully.